Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is a Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Unrestricted to all, Christians and non-Christians alike, it is owned and operated by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was started in 2013 in remembrance of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in the Sosoliso plane crash on 10 December 2005. JMC delivers a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, devotion, and empathy.
We are recruiting:
Job Title: Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Teacher
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ICT Teacher will prepare, organize and give instruction to students JS 1 to JS3 and SS 1-3, in conformity with the Nigeria National Policy on Education and principles of Jesuit Memorial College.
- The teacher will cover effectively and appropriately every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need in day-to-day life in connection with ICT.
- Over and above all, all the teachers in Jesuit Memorial College are role models to the students.
- The ideal candidate must have a B.Ed (Computer Science) or its equivalent.
- Any higher degree or qualification, particularly in the field of ICT, is an edge.
- A minimum of 2 years of proven teaching experience in a similar role. Any other experience relating to ICT is an edge.
- Must have an effectual communication and presentation skills, good proficiency in the English language, good knowledge of adolescent psychology, good interpersonal skills, a team player, be able to work effectively with limited supervision, mastery in the use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates should mail their Applications, Curriculum Vitae (in Microsoft Word format), scanned Credentials, letters of Attestation from their 3 referees, and Medical Certificate of fitness by email to “the Human Resources Manager” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Hard copies of the above-mentioned documents may be presented at the school gate and directed to:
Jesuit Memorial College,
Elipokwoudu Road, Mbodo, Aluu,
21st June 2022.