Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a registered non-governmental organization (NGO) in Nigeria with its head office in Kaduna and field offices in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa state. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government and donors to provide sustainable community development services in the areas of conflict resolution, peace building, livelihood, research, agriculture, health, nutrition, education as well as governance.
We seek energetic, idealistic team builders to join our team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Rural Infrastructural Engineer
Locations: Bade LGA- Yobe & Michika LGA – Adamawa
Slot: 1 Per State
- Reporting coverage: The Rural Infrastructural Engineer shall provide two reports: One for Adamawa and one for Yobe state. The individual shall report directly to the Head of Missions.
- Technical focus: The Rural Infrastructural Engineer shall ensure all CCDRN infrastructural projects are designed and implemented in accordance with comprehensive technical, environmental and engineering standards.
- The position holder will offer technical support, training and supervision to field/site workers on all infrastructural projects.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide oversight in identifying and developing infrastructure projects. With inputs on establishing constructability, potential field difficulties, and budget preparation to include material, labor and equipment costs.
- Lead in the identification and design preparation of rural infrastructure projects (engineering plans, detailed cost estimates, programs of work, and other documents).
- Conduct site validation and review of project plans, detailed estimates and program of works to ensure that the proposals follow the Program’s policies and the costs are within the established cost parameters.
- Oversee project environmental and social clearances and ascertain compliance to the Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP), Occupational Health and Safety Plan (OHSP) and spearhead in the conduct of safeguard audits, prepare analysis and recommendations based from the results.
- Implement operational work plans in accordance with the budget, results framework and administrative guidelines approved.
- Coordinate regular inspection of ongoing projects, ensuring project completion documents comply with the project requirements especially on quality control and activity timeline.
- Perform frequent and spontaneous monitoring visits to infrastructure project sites, to track progress and ensure compliance with all requirements, identifying issues (technical and coordination) and formulate solutions in collaboration with the Team leads and Head of missions.
- Oversee the set up and maintenance of local prices for construction materials, equipment and services.
- Assist in the tendering, tender evaluation and contract recommendation processes for subcontractors and sub-consultants.
- Work with all departments to provide support.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of missions that are consistent with the overall focus of the assignment.
- University degree in Civil Engineering, construction and Building Engineering/management, or any other related fields.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in providing infrastructure project implementation: Construction supervision, Construction Manager or Contractor’s Site Representative.
- Relevant experience in a related role working in civil society, or non-governmental organizations required.
- Familiarity with Environmental Compliance regulations and quality assurance.
- The ability to think innovatively and strategically, strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa Language.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Exchanger) required.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in one e-mail attachment to: email@example.com
- Late application will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State in the subject line of your mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.