We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Analyst
- Assisting in identifying, analyzing, managing and preventing risks in the Firm’s existing and new businesses, products, operating models and developing/enhancing controls to prevent risk.
- Assisting in managing enterprise-wide risks through the design and implementation of business-specific frameworks and best practice policies and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in day-to-day identification, measurement and reporting of risk positions.
- Continuous identification of likely risk areas and recommending remedial actions to address such exposures.
- From time to time, work with the Internal Audit team to assess compliance of the business unit with corporate policies, internal procedures, and key regulations governing unit’s activities.
- Review audit reports to identify risk areas across the organisation.
- Assist businesses in defining relevant business practices, both at the strategic and operational levels, that would assist businesses in carrying out their operations in a manner that supports them staying within defined risk appetite.
- Ensure prompt reporting of risk exposures/positions and provide advice on possible resolution of critical issues.
- Prepare monthly asset and liability management reports and periodic ALCO related report and data analysis from time to time.
- Monitor credit risk exposures and provide periodic credit risk reports.
- Generate and disseminate market & investment risk position reports including compliance exception reports.
- Carry out operational risk management analysis and resolution, as may be required from time to time.
- Facilitate strategic risk assessment sessions with key business units and compile risk register and risk matrix for dissemination to attendees.
- Design and review risk policies and framework.
- Ensure smooth implementation of defined risk policies.
- Ensure continuous improvement to risk policies, procedures and methodologies.
- Engage in risk management training, workshops, town hall meetings and other form of risk awareness sessions for staff members.
- Prepare necessary risk disclosure reports, such as IFRS 7 reports, as well as other reports that might be required by key stakeholders from time to time.
- Prepare risk reports for individual risk areas as well as aggregated position for internal stakeholders, such as Senior Management and Unit Heads.
- Between One (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience in the financial services sector.
- First degree in Business, Accounting or other finance related discipline.
- A professional qualification or a master’s degree would be an added advantage.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Knowledge of the local and global financial service industry dynamics including regulations, legislations and operating environment.
- Understanding of risk and return, indicators and risk management techniques as well as trading and pricing derivatives.
- Ability to apply technical aspects of financial services regulation to practical business scenarios.
- Knowledge of market risk concepts; knowledge of financial, systems and process audit.
- Good financial accounting and budgeting skills.
- Understanding of non-bank financial service operations, policies and procedures.
- Problem solving and analytical abilities inclusive of statistics, data analysis and technical skills
- Experience with automated financial systems, including a general ledger and financial reporting software (such as Oracle, Bloomberg, Hi-port etc)
- Good knowledge of MS Excel as an analytical tool and other MS Office Applications, including macro driven processes
- Integrity and good decision-making ability.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good communication, interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Self motivated with a strong drive, and commitment to achieving agreed objectives.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online