Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager II
Job Ref Code: PMII060319
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Early Recovery & Resilience (DERR)
- As Program Manager, you will provide overall leadership to the STaR Nigeria project team and be responsible for the overall management of the project including the quality of programmatic implementation (including monitoring, evaluation and learning) and administrative elements of the project to serve the poor and vulnerable.
- You are responsible for ensuring that project results are achieved on time and on budget, including strategies for phase out and sustainability, and that the budget is consumed as planned. As a senior leader, you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Agriculture, Health, Development Studies or related field
- At least 8 years of working experience in agriculture, development or food security programs – including focus on at least one of the following sectors – agriculture, health, livelihoods, nutrition, or governance/peacebuilding
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships
- Excellent English language oral and written communication, training and facilitation skills. Fluency in Hausa and/or Kanuri language is an added advantage as well as experience with northern Nigerian context.
- Proven experience in analyzing gender and applying gender-responsive methods to project implementation.
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and capacity-building in local partnerships
- Experience in staff development and partner capacity
- Understanding of KFW (or German Government) grant provisions, policies and guidelines, including reporting requirements will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 19th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application to: email@example.com
Click here to Download Application Form (Dropbox)
Click Here for Job Details (Doc)