IDS- Intercommunity Development Social Organization is a voluntary on-governmental organization with a mission to facilitate sustainable development program to improve on the living conditions of vulnerable women, youths, children and other minority groups in the society through peace building, socio-economic empowerment, Education, Health and promotion of democracy, justice and equity in Nigerian.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Damboa, Borno
Duration: 7 months
- The program manager will be Under the direct supervision of the project Director, The Programme Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the whole of the proposed change, co-ordination of the program’s projects and management of child protection activities in the Organization.
Role and Responsibility
- Coordinates program officers
- Overview of whole program
- Directs work plan
- Ensure project activities are on schedule and on budget
- Write monthly report
- Coordinates case workers
- Allocates cases
- Checks case workers files
- Monitors case workers in the field
- Coordinates referrals with CP Officers
- Facilitates data entry into CPiMS.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Ability to formulate strategies and concepts
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to apply technical expertise.
- Professional Planning and organization skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team; build and manage professional work relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve complaints
- Proficiency in using Micro-soft office package.
- Ability to follow direction and work effectively under pressure.
- A university degree/HND or Diploma in one of the following fields is required: International development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or any other related social science field.
- A minimum of 1 years of professional experience in social development, planning and management in child protection related areas is required.
- Experience in emergency response is essential.
- Relevant experience in programme development in child protection related areas in a non-governmental organization is as an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Proficient and experienced in planning, monitoring and reporting of project activities in relevant field in multi-stakeholder partnerships and collaborations.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to compose, edit, analyse and report program progress using complex information.
- Excellent computer skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri is required.
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Later with a detailed Resume as one document in Word or PDF to: email@example.comIndicating position being applied for as the subject of the application e.g. Program Manager.
- The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- All applicants will be subject to IDS Safeguarding Policy and reference checking process.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.