According to Section 153(m) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as) amended, the Police Service Commission (PSC) is a Federal Executive Body. In accordance with Section 14 of the Nigeria Police Act, 2020 and Paragraph 30(A) of the Third Schedule, Part 1 of the Constitution, the Commission has the authority to appoint other persons to offices in the Police Force who are necessary for the effective and efficient discharge of the functions of the Police Force on the terms and conditions that the Commission may prescribe.
The Commission, in collaboration with the Nigeria Police Force, is inviting applications from young Nigerians who meet the requirements to join the Nigeria Police Force for enlistment as:
Job Title: Constable (Recruit)
- A National Identification Number (NIN), as well as being a citizen of Nigeria by birth
- As of January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022, the age must be at least 18 and no older than 25.
- Males and females must be at least 1.67 meters and 1.64 meters, respectively, in height.
- 86 cm (34 inches) or more when the chest is fully expanded; this requirement is only for men.
- Having a government medical officer certify that you are well enough to serve in your position both physically and mentally
- Being free of any bodily or mental impairment
- Be unaffected by any financial shame
- Have a good moral character and cannot have a criminal conviction
- Must provide valid references from two (2) of any of the people listed below
- Traditional Rulers
- Local Government Chairmen
- Heads of Educational Institutions Attended
- Career Civil Servants not below the rank of Grade Level 12
- Police Officers not below the rank of CSP, or Military Officers not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
- Results from the SSCE, GCE, NECO, or NABTEB that have at least five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics in no more than two sittings.
How to Apply
Interested and Qualified persons should apply here: http://www.recruitment.psc.gov.ng/
You require the following in order to apply:
- Functional email address (please note that during the exercise, this email will be utilized for the majority of official correspondence with applicants)
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Softcopies (scanned) of most current passport photo, SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB results, and Birth Certificate.
Log on to the portal with the aforementioned softcopies, then do the following:
- On the homepage, click on “Apply” and then sign up using your email and preferred password (Use a password you can remember);
- To verify and activate your account, open your email and click the link sent to you inside.
- After activating your account, log in using your email address and password.
- Update your profile, upload any required files, and make sure to use the phone number (if any) associated with your NIN;
- Before final submission, check the information you provided to make sure it is accurate;
- If you are chosen for this stage, you will receive an email confirming your application, which you must print out and bring with you to the physical screening location.
- The email will also contain a link to your profile, allowing you to print your details whenever it’s most convenient.
Note: There is no cost associated with this police constable recruitment exercise. (Candidates are not required to make any payment.)
Monday, 26th September, 2022.