Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is one of the first and most recognized oil companies in Nigeria. It is always a delight to find an opportunity to work with them. Currently, a new vacancy has been announced.
If you are interested in working with shell petroleum company, then read this carefully. Also, feel free to ask us your questions. Jobs mate Nigeria will always be glad to assist you with your applications.
The post of Senior Medical Laboratory Technician is available at Shell company. Therefore, if you have a degree in the above named field, then you can read further.
Remember, the following recruitment opportunities are still open;
For the post of Senior Medical Laboratory Technician, the following descriptions will help you know if you fit in.
An ideal role for someone who can manage and supervise the provision of a cost-effective, efficient, safe, and reliable medical laboratory service to enhance the health of SNEPCO workforce and dependents.
- To coordinate, manage, and provide laboratory services and ensure timely release of reports for effective patient management. Initiate further investigations for patients when necessary.
- To formulate lab HSE and procedure guides, including developing lab contractor HSE plan.
- Liaises with PPO and 3rd party facilities and professional bodies for professional service, mortuary and autopsy service, standards and accreditation.
- Ensures laboratory practice conforms to WHO standards, thus enhancing a healthy workforce.
- Solely responsible for all laboratory activities validates all reports before issue & and advises HSHL on lab matters.
- Appraises staff/trainees and maps out their competence development needs to enhance performance.
- Contract holder for Shell Health Lagos equipment maintenance. Manages contractors for the effective maintenance of medical equipment. Sources for and evaluates equipment and reagent before the purchase in compliance with business ethics.
- Partakes in an international quality assurance scheme (RIQAS) on samples and equipment to ensure the accuracy of reports. It also runs intra-lab quality control with sister companies. Provides epidemiological and periodic statistics for use in quarterly business reviews. Coordinates departmental equipment safety audit.
- Plans and ensures HSE training for lab staff.
- Provides material safety data sheets (MSDS) for all laboratory chemicals and reagents.
- Ensures infection prevention and control practices are assured in the clinic and supporting areas.
Job requirements include:
- Trained in Total Quality Management System
- Experience in a medical laboratory and hospital information management software
- Experience in laboratory supervision of at least 2 years
- Exposure to external quality assurance programs
- Relevant experience in medical lab instrumentation
- Experience in troubleshooting as well as equipment calibration and validation
- Previous participation in international lab accreditation preferred
- Knowledge of occupational health-related laboratory operations, particularly within the oil industry, will be an advantage
- Knowledge of infection prevention and control is required.
How to Apply for Shell job
First, before applying ensure you are eligible.