IDS- Intercommunity Development Social Organization is a voluntary on-governmental organization with a mission to facilitate sustainable development program to improve on the living conditions of vulnerable women, youths, children and other minority groups in the society through peace building, socio-economic empowerment, Education, Health and promotion of democracy, justice and equity in Nigerian.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitory & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Location: Damboa, Borno
Duration: 7 months
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project.
- He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project.
- He/she will also provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
- Collects information from case workers
- Responsible for data entry and data verification
- Review of project delivery
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Field spot checks to confirm data accuracy
- Technical support on accurate data collection
- Monthly data report
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
Key Competencies Required
- Education: B.Sc/HND or Diploma in Statistics, Demographics, International Development, Economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience in managing and providing training to partners and target beneficiaries.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
- At least 1-year experience.
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English required and in Hausa preferred.
- Bura Language is an added advantage.
- Proficient and experienced in planning, monitoring and reporting of project activities in relevant field in multi-stakeholder partnerships and collaborations.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to compose, edit, analyse and report program progress using complex information.
- Excellent computer skills.
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Later with a detailed Resume as one document in Word or PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.orgIndicating position being applied for as the subject of the application e.g. M&E Officer.
- The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- All applicants will be subject to IDS Safeguarding Policy and reference checking process.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.