Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Markets Assistant
Job Ref Code: MAD060319
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Markets Officer
- You will assist emergency programming field activities by working directly with local partners and community members in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable.
- Your service and community interpersonal skills contribute to projects that benefit local communities that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving its impact.
- Support programming activities at the field level, including beneficiary identification and verification; cash, voucher, and in-kind distributions; and post-distribution interviews contributing to ensuring quality implementation.
- Contribute to ensuring accountability to project beneficiaries and local stakeholders
- Support the monitoring of project activities at the field level, per the M&E plan through collection of data.
- Support community mobilization efforts through communication and information sharing with project beneficiaries at the community level.
- In coordination with the project team support capacity building events for community volunteers.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required.
- Some work or volunteer experience in supporting community development and mobilization.
- Observation and active listening skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- At least 1 years’ experience in project implementation preferably with an NGO
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
- Proficiency in MS office application such as word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Fluency in Hausa required
- This position will require frequent travel to program activity sites.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 19th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application to: email@example.com
Click here to Download Application Form – Dropbox