Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Organizational Capacity Development (OCD) Consultant
Expected Level of Effort (LOE): 45days
Project Overview and Role
- Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year $185 million project awarded to Palladium in August 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in HIV, family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), and maternal health. It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners’ capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities. HP+ provides technical assistance to governments, civil society, and the private sector to effectively engage in domestic resource mobilization (DRM), put in place sustainable financing and accountability mechanisms, and make progress toward global, national, and subnational health goals.
- HP+ has been engaged by the USAID Nigeria Office to conceptualize and design activities to improve sustainable financing for Human Immunodeficiency Virus / Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (HIV/AIDS) and tuberculosis (TB) programs at the national level and in two USAID priority states – Lagos and Kano. These activities will span an initial period of 2 years, will continue efforts started by the Health Finance and Governance (HFG) project and complement current Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV and AIDS Services (SIDHAS) and Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus projects’ activities.
- With a view to ensuring sustainability of planned activities towards advocacy for funding and Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) of TB programs, USAID has tasked HP+ with strengthening the capacity of National TB response organizations to ensure more effective delivery on their mandates.
- Towards this end, HP+ is seeking to engage the services of a consultant to conduct a capacity assessment to identify strengths, important capacity gaps and opportunities leading to development of a capacity development plan.
- HP+ would work with the consultant to develop an assessment tool to be used for the in-depth assessment.
- Implement the capacity and risk assessment tool to gather data covering organizational structure, governance, technical experience, and capacity for advocacy and resource mobilization; financial management and other organizational capacities; risk mitigation through interviews with governmental and other stakeholders.
- Conduct an organizational needs assessment with a gap analysis and make relevant recommendations therefrom.
- Review structures, operational guidelines, manuals and policies with a view to updating in accordance with international standards and best practices. If necessary, formalize employment contracts, update scopes of work for staff and create performance management plans with key performance indicators for each position; recommend routine performance assessments and capacity building in line with best practices.
- Contact key stakeholders, secure meetings, and develop a detailed engagement agenda
- Accurately and thoroughly document interviews, visits and other project-related activities, sharing updates through regular debriefs with HP+ team with presentation and discussion of findings.
- Lead in the development of capacity development and organizational sustainability plans in collaboration with HP+ technical advisors.
- Prepare final report with findings and recommendations.
- Assessment Report with recommendations.
- Capacity development plan to address identified structural and capacity gaps
- Sustainability plan.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc/BA) in relevant field (healthcare, administration, finance, management) with experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment programming, organizational development, capacity building, finance, accounting, compliance, and/or capacity assessments;
- Experience and proven track record in project management and organizational skills
- Experience in TB programming an advantage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong English writing, oral communication, and reporting skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness. Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.