McTimothy Associates Consulting Limited
McTimothy Associates Consulting Limited - Our client is a foremost private University with a mission to create a learning environment that
McTimothy Associates Consulting Limited – Our client is a foremost private University with a mission to create a learning environment that nurtures a sound moral and intellectual culture that attracts an excellent blend of faculty from across the world and deploys resources to educate the total person.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Research and interpret accounting policies and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant discipline.
- Certifications from ICAN or ACCA.
- Minimum of 5 years’ accounting experience.
- Experience in accounting process enhancement and cost control.
- Working knowledge of Sage Evolution or other accounting system an advantage.
- Conversant with Nigerian Taxation system.
- Proven ability to work with department HODs in terms of budgets, financial controls etc.
- Computer literate including Microsoft excel, Microsoft word etc.