Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc. (MUTUAL), has evolved into a conglomerate consisting of value-adding companies with diverse interests in various sectors of the Nigerian economy through investments, strategic alliances and partnerships. Today, MUTUAL is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry and well-capitalized with a team of highly trained professionals, a respectable Board and access to the International Insurance Market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Job type: Full-time
- This role is responsible for conducting and reporting on scheduled audits, key control testing, investigations and departmental projects
- Assignments range from planning to execution of technical, compliance, financial and operational audits.
- He/She is responsible for fulfilling professional and organization responsibilities as outlined in the Internal Audit Charter, IIA code for the professional practice of Internal Auditing, NAICOM regulations and guidelines and other regulatory guidelines
Key Result Areas – Job Output
Internal Audit Strategy and planning:
- Implements Internal Audit strategy in alignment with the Corporate strategy
- Promotes an atmosphere that allow for independence, objectivity and excellence
- Assists in and contributes to the development and planning of the Annual Risk Assessment by identifying, assessing, and recommending solutions to key business risks.
- Communicates with management to identify key business risks, assesses those risks, and assists in updating the comprehensive internal audit plan.
- Supports the Head, Internal Audit in design and implementation of an effective internal audit plan to review businesses activities around the operations of the Company and ensures timely reporting for management decision making.
- Evaluates the design and operating effectiveness of the system of internal controls
- Evaluates adherence to established policies and procedures, and regulatory guidance and conducts test work as outlined in the audit work program.
- Utilizes judgment as to expansion of scope, further test work needed based on trends or exceptions identified.
- Review the management account in line with applicable IFRS
- Prepares work paper documentation to support test work performed and conclusions reached.
- Explains, clarifies or corrects documentation to clear any review notes generated by the department supervisory staff or audit lead personnel’s review of the work papers, conclusions and recommendations.
- Performs peer review of file documentations, providing coaching to less experienced colleagues.
Audit Reporting and Follow-up:
- Ensure the integrity of Internal Audit reports and analysis by performing a review of work done by colleagues before submitting to the Head, Internal Audit
- Prepares written audit reports to summarize the audit scope, control findings, recommendations and management commitments
- Collate and prepares reports for submission to Board Audit committee (Quarterly) prior to review by the Head, Internal Audit
- Ensures that all internal and external reports and exceptions are followed up.
Investigation and Policy Confirmation:
- As may be required or commissioned by management,
- Investigates fraud including but not limited to financial and underwriting related fraud
- Other matters on a need be basis.
- Performs third party confirmation of the authenticity of policies issued by the company and all other official documents.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills:
- A Degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in Accounting, Numerate or related fields
- A professional qualification of ICAN, ACCA or CPA CIA, CISA desirable
- Highly ethical with ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to communicate significant information in a clear manner down, across and up the organization.
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years):
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in performing financial, compliance or operational audits, or related-type work with at least 3 years spent at a top 4 audit firm in external auditing
Attitude and Behavioral Traits:
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with excellent attention to details
- Able to effectively coach, mentor and develop staff in areas of expertise
- Is a self-starter and able to work independently; ensures work is accurate and completed in a professional manner
- Ability to positively interface and work well with all levels of staff and management (auditees and own department)
- Possess a high level of understanding of audit theory and strong industry knowledge Insurance products, services, policies and procedures
- Possess a working knowledge of relevant computer programs, i.e. Microsoft Access, Word, and Excel.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Possess communication skills – written and spoken.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online