The Comptroller General of Customs (CGC), Col. Hameed Ali (rtd), has said the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) will by 12:00am of Wednesday, open its portal for the recruitment of 3,200 officers and men to fill existing vacancies which will last for the next three weeks
NCS Recruitment Position
CATEGORY ‘A’ – GENERAL DUTY
1.) SUPERINTENDENT CADRE: Nigeria Customs Service
Post: Assistant Superintendent of Customs Grade II – Consol 08
Candidates must possess a Bachelors Degree with at least Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University.
2.) INSPECTOR CADRE
Post: Inspector of Customs – Consol 07
Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least lower credit from a recognized Polytechnic.
(ii) Assistant Inspector of Customs – Consol 06
National Diploma (ND) with at least lower credit from a recognized Polytechnic
National Certificate of Education (NCE),
3.) ASSISTANT CADRE Post:
(i) Customs Assistant II – Consol 04
Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASC/NECO) with Credits in not less than five subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at a maximum of two sittings.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with credit in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at a maximum of two sittings,
(ii) Customs Assistant III – Consol 03
(1) Suitably qualified candidates must SSCE/NECO certificates with credits in not less than four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
(2) Applicants must also have General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level and Credit in four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
(3) Applicants must be physically and mentally fit. And must not have a criminal record.
(4) Applicants with any form disabilities should not apply
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are to always visit here or the Nigeria custom service recruitment website at: www.vacancy.customs.gov.ng to know when the form comes out eventually.
Applicants are to complete application form free of charge and print out the following documents;
- Local government attestation form.
- Parent/ guardian consent form.
- Acknowledgment form.
The Nigeria Customs Service statutory functions can be broadly classified into two main categories namely, core and other functions:
(i) Collection of Revenue i.e. Import and Excise Duties and Accounting for same.
(ii) Prevention and suppression of smuggling.