The Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in Collaboration with the Borno State Ministry of Health and relevant stakeholders had developed an Emergency Health and Nutrition Emergency Response Plan to address the humanitarian crisis in Borno State. The key interventions delivered were; Nutrition Care, Management of co-morbidities, provision of basic essential health services, mental health and psychosocial support, supply of medicines and health related commodities, co-ordination and management information system among others.
Consequently, the Federal Ministry of Health, seeks to recruit graduate and experienced Health volunteers for Twelve (12) months in the following positions below:
1.) Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW)
2.) Laboratory Scientist
3.) Graduate Nutrition Officer
6.) Medical Doctor
The emergency intervention program was implemented in two (2) phases over a period of Twelve (12) months, focusing on the most vulnerable populations (women, children under 5, pregnant and lactating mothers) in the most affected areas. Specifically the emergency support was targeted at:
- IDPs in camps and host communities.
- Host Communities impacted by influx of IDPs
- IDPs in make-shift or informal camps
- IDPs that moved out of camps to their original communities.
- Refugees returning from other countries
- People residing in newly accessible areas.
This intervention which was the biggest public sector intervention was adjudged very successful by all stakeholders. Consequently, His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, has approved an extension and expansion of the scope of the project to sustain and enhance improvement of health outcomes among the target population. The expansion has entailed a need for additional human resources that needs to be filled urgently.
The Volunteer Health Personnel will have the following responsibilities:
- To support the delivery of quality health, Nutrition, Mental Health and Psychosocial support services at Health and Nutrition Emergency Response sites for inhabitants of affected Local Government Areas of Borno State.
- To provide outreach and mobile health services to various communities in the state in line with existing protocols and standard operating procedures.
- To support development of mechanisms and strategies pursuant to improvement of quality of health services in health facilities according to their levels.
- To support the generation of information at health facilities and community levels on the services provided in line with the National Health Management Information Systems (NHMIS).
- To support health promotion and community mobilisation with a view to improving community knowledge on health issues and eventual increase in demand for services.
- To perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the FMOH Management.
- Candidates must possess an MBBS Degree and have successfully completed the one-year National Service
- Candidates must have Current Practicing License.
- At least Two (2) years post registration experience
- Letter of recommendation from a reputable citizen or public officer
Application Closing Date
Saturday, 24th November, 2018.
26th November, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV with relevant copies of their Credentials. The required documents are to be submitted in triplicate copies and envelope clearly marked stating the position applied for at the “Top Right Hand Corner” with the person’s name written behind and addressed to:
The Honorable Commissioner
Borno State Ministry of Health,
3rd Floor, Musa Usman Secretariat,
Maiduguri – Borno State.
Scanned and soft copies of forwarded documents should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for interview slated for the date above in Borno State (Venue and time would be communicated to shortlisted candidates).
- Please note that selected candidates would embark on a Three (3) day training and orientation exercise from the 27th – 28th of November, 2018 and be subsequently deployed to any of the affected Local Government Areas in the State by December 1st, 2018.
- Staff presently engaged in full time employment need not apply.
- Successful candidates would be subjected to a pre-engagement background check.