KPMG Nigeria – Our client is part of a leading global brand, committed to providing innovative digital solutions. In line with its strategic intent to be at the forefront of technology excellence, the organization has embarked on a plan to provide affordable, reliable and easily accessible financial solutions aimed at increasing access to financial services particularly in unserved and underserved areas.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Treasury
- Our client is desirous of filling a key role with best-in class talent for the position of a Head Treasury
- The suitable qualified candidate is responsible for maintaining the treasury & investment operations of the organization, maintaining and monitoring its position and ensuring adequate controls are in place for all related activities.
Detailed Job Description
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Develop and regularly review the investment strategy for the organization in line with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure proper and adequate management of the organization’s investment portfolio and monitor regular payments of dividends/ interests.
- Provide periodic updates and recommendations on investment securities to management, for decision making and ensure timely escalation and resolution to issues.
- Manage long-term and short-term investment strategies.
- Negotiate bank and service fees and implement new bank technologies, products and services to improve cash cycle and simplify company operations.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and funds available for investments
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- To manage relationships with the organization’s financial service providers; including banks, investments bankers, community development lenders, foundations and other stakeholder partners.
- Ensures that statutory and regulatory requirements of all investments are adhered to at all times.
- Provide assistance regulators and external auditors on investment related queries/issues during audit of the Holding Company’s accounts and records.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or any related discipline.
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, ICAN, CPA; preferably at the fellowship level, or Treasury Dealership Certificate.
- Minimum of 12 years experience, out of which at least 8 must have been in a Treasury role within financial services/ telecoms/ retail.
- Must have previous treasury/trading management experience.
- Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CITN, CFA.
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and IFRS Accounting Policy.
- Broad understanding of the financial services industry.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- An eye for detail and accuracy with a strong analytical capability.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online