Poverty Reduction and Rural Women Empowerment Initiative, a microfinance institute whose Head office is located in Lagos is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Control and Audit
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- To design and supervise the implementation of an effective internal control and audit framework for the bank.
- To investigate all cases of non-compliance or infractions of internal policies and procedures or external regulatory standards, making recommendations to management as applicable.
- Design, revise or update appropriate internal control, audit & compliance strategy and framework for the ban Plan and control audit activities in line with the overall business goals and objectives within the country
- Identify control lapses/policy inadequacies through investigations for process improvement
- Design audit work plan for the year and coordinate audit activities across regions
- Oversee activities of regional audit teams for maximum effectiveness
- Carry out spot checks on operational activities at branch, area and regional levels and take action on infractions or non-compliance issues
- Receive and review all monthly regional audit and control reports and identify issues for necessary action.
- Carry out periodic stocks and staff audit in all branches.
- Carry out periodic price verification and certification and certificate of payment vouchers
- Conduct periodic checks on payroll.
- Ensure the periodic reconciliation of transaction are carried out.
- Ensure that prompt investigation of frauds, forgeries, breach of policies and procedures and serious customer complaints are conducted and necessary action taken on the outcome
- Work with Finance department and external auditors in the successful conduct of comprehensive audit exercise
- Make recommendation for policy amendments based on emerging issues in audit and internal control
- Appraises subordinates promptly and objectively, and follows up on action points resulting from the appraisal
- Takes responsibility for the training, coaching and mentoring of subordinates
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned by the Managing Director or by the Board
- A good Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Accountancy, plus professional accounting certification. MBA or M.Sc will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in a reputable firm, Experience in a microfinance bank setting in related role is an added advantage.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office programmes
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Knowledge of best practices in internal control and audit
- Knowledge of existing regulatory framework
- Strategic thinking
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Flair for details
- Team building skills.
- Salary Expectation: N150,000-N200,000/month.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2019.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org