Nextier is a multi-competency public service advisory firm and think tank with experience bringing diverse actors together to address governance problems in highly complex environments. Nextier has core competencies in policy research, strategy, finance, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communication. Nextier consultants bring deep knowledge of their industries; deliver rigorous analysis, and present pragmatic solutions to produce practical, sustainable, and high impact results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Start Date: ASAP- immediate start
- A startup logistics company involved in courier, haulage and interstate transport seeks a Senior Manager(s) with experience in courier and haulage.
- This is a senior level position that requires a proactive, analytical and process driven individual who is very customer centric with a passion for delivering a high end service to its customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the Logistics, Management, Sales, Operations Management, Strategic Planning, New Business Development, Supply Chain Management and Sales team.
- Enhance the reputation and relationship of the organization with key customers and accounts in order to further the company’s business interests.
- Strategize marketing/business development/operations/projects and to direct the activities of the organization to ensure achievement of respective sales targets.
- Manage and motivate the operations, projects and other personnel in order to achieve the company’s targets/goals.
- Oversee all operational activities to ensure high quality and optimized service delivery at a highly competitive rate.
- Master’s or Advanced degree in Logistics/Transportation, Supply Chain Management or Business is highly required.
- At least ten (10) years post-graduate work experience in a senior management role in the logistics industry.
- Project Management skills, and Operations Management experience is preferred.
- Engineering and IT awareness, including Supply Chain Modeling, Transportation Management and Warehouse Management applications are desirable.
- Multiple Supply Chain Service line experience (transportation, warehouse, logistics provider etc. is preferred.
- Must have Customer Relationship Management skills, including demonstrated sales success with existing company.
- Strong financial experience and problem solving/process improvement skills required.
- Excellent people management and team leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to simplify complex situations and identify new opportunities.
Application Closing Date
3rd May, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover letter on their suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org All applications must be submitted in a single file in either word or PDF format. Applicants must indicate the position applied for in the subject of the email (i.e General Manager).
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.