Chevening Scholarships allow exceptional young leaders from all over the world to study for one year for master’s degrees in the UK. Although there isn’t a “typical” Chevening Scholar, we are searching for the kind of individuals who have the drive, perspective, and power to offer the solutions and leadership required to build a better future.
Conditions for eligibility:
If you want to be considered for a Chevening Scholarship, you must:
• Have citizenship in a nation or territory that qualifies for Chevening.
• After your award has expired, you must go back to your home country for a minimum of two years.
• Have finished all requirements for an undergraduate degree by the time you submit your application, allowing you to enroll in a postgraduate study at a UK university. According to your subject and university selection, this is normally similar to a second-class upper (2:1 honours) degree in the UK, though it may be different.
• Possess a minimum of two years’ worth (2,800 hours) of work experience.
• Apply to three distinct qualified UK university programs (https://www.chevening.org/scholarships/guidance/courses/), and by July 13, 2023, you must have received an unconditional offer from one of them.
The Chevening Program has a specifically designed interaction program that gives students the chance to network with one another, alumni, the FCDO, well-known lecturers, and partner organizations. Recipients of awards get:
• The payment of tuition
• Travel in comfort to and from your own nation on a designated route for you exclusively
• An allowance for arrival
• The fee for applying for a visa or entry clearance just for you
• A severance payment
• Where necessary, a donation of up to £75 for TB testing
• A supplemental budget for travel
• A stipend (personal living allowance)paid each month to cover housing and living costs. Whether you are studying in London or somewhere else will affect how much money you receive each month. These prices are up for review each year.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 12:00 GMT ON NOVEMBER 1, 2022.The application deadline is November 1, 2022, at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time)
- APPLICATIONS ARE SCREENED AGAINST ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS ON NOVEMBER 2, 2022.
- ASSESSMENTS MADE BY THE READING COMMITTEE FROM MID-NOV. TO MID-DEC. 2022. All qualified applications are evaluated by impartial reading committees. Their rankings and ratings are then forwarded to the regional high commissioners or embassies of the United Kingdom.
- APPLICANTS SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEWS IN EARLY TO MID-FEBRUARY 2023
- The embassy or high commission creates a shortlist of candidates they will invite for interviews after reviewing the applications that were forwarded to them. Then notifications will come. Greetings for having made it this far. Read the interview instructions in order to get ready for your interview. https://www.chevening.org/scholarships/guidance/interviews/
- DEADLINE FOR REFERENCES AND EDUCATION DOCUMENTS IS FROM FEBRUARY TO LATE APRIL 2023.
- Prior to the interview date, the shortlisted candidates will be asked to submit two references and their educational records.
- INTERVIEWS TAKE PLACE FROM FEBRUARY 27 THROUGH APRIL 28, 2023.
- In-person interviews are conducted by panels at British embassies and high commissioners with applicants from all around the world.
- JUNE 2023: RESULTS
- The strongest applicants will experience elation when interview results are made public starting in June after months of preparation and anxiety.
- DEADLINE FOR OFFERS IS JULY 13, 2023. The deadline for submission and to receive at least one unconditional offer from a UK university is July 13, 2023, at 17:00 BST (UK time).
- 2023 SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER: UK studies start. 2022/2023 Chevening Scholars begin their academic careers in the UK and join a global community that will last them their entire life!
1st November, 2022
For Additional Information
Visit the Chevening UK Government Scholarships Program 2023/2024 Official Website. https://www.chevening.org/scholarships/