INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION (INEC) has released the list of successful applicants as election observers for the 2019 election. INEC announced this in a statement on its website where it noted that 114 observers passed the accreditation to monitor the exercise.
Accreditation of Domestic and Foreign Observers for 2019 General Elections
1. INEC is pleased to announce the successful applicants to observe the 2019 general elections holding on 16th February, 2019 and 2nd March, 2019.
2. All accredited Observers shall abide by the code of conduct for election observers, which is available for download from the INEC website (www.inecnigeria.org). INEC reserves the right to cancel and withdraw the accreditation of any organisation if its members or agents breach the code of conduct.
3. Accredited groups are to obtain and complete form EC 14A (ii) from the Elections and Party Monitoring Department, INEC Headquarters, Maitama, Abuja between 8am-4pm (MondayFriday) starting from 28th January, 2019 to 1st February, 2019.
4. To ensure prompt and efficient processing of ID cards, all accredited Observer groups are enjoined to compile the list and photographs of their members for deployment on State basis and submit hard and soft copies (CD please, using JPEG drive) to the Elections and Party Monitoring Department, INEC Headquarters on or before 1st February, 2019.
5. Please note that distribution of observer kits (including ID cards to individual observers) will be done by the Elections and Party Monitoring (EPM) Heads of Department (HODs) at INEC State offices between 11th – 15th February, 2019
6. The Commission wishes to emphasize that groups other than those accredited, found in any State for the elections shall be handed over to law enforcement agencies. Also, accredited field observers found in States other than where they are posted will equally be sanctioned.
7. Any enquiries should be directed to the Director, Elections and Party Monitoring Department, INEC Headquarters Maitama, Abuja (07030841229 & 08036048515).
To find the Full List Of Successful Applicants As INEC Names Election Observers (PDF) CLICK HERE