Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Specialist – Controls
Job number: 3252290
Location: Port Harcourt
Job Function: Services
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Process Solutions
- The Field Specialist will be in charge of site activities management including planning, assigning manpower resources and tools, providing technical assistance to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
As a Field Specialist you will represent BHGE both technically and professionally to ensure thatequipment is installed, maintained and started properly.Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service worldwide, front-line business of BHGE.
- Provide technical direction and/or project management of installation, commissioning and maintenance of Gas Turbines and Compressors and related products.
- Providing input for Daily Outage, Resident Engineer or Weekly Service Reports
- Communicating effectively with Service Managers / Installation Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Manager regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
- To prepare field services jobs and interventions with the Service Managers.
- Supervise the installation, calibration and set up of instruments.
- Supervise cable laying, meggering and connection.
- Lead and execute loop check and commissioning phase performing the functional tests.
- Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise.
- Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and TPS BHGE headquarters concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions.
- Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings.
- Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within BHGE safety standards
- Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Troubleshooting control operations and maintenance problems in the equipment
- Support the business growth requirement by driving customer satisfactory.
- Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company Health, Safety & Environment HSE guidelines and procedures.
- The candidate will be responsible to keep reliability of Customers assets and to support on proactive way all BHGE TPS customers.
- University degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer engineering or equivalent experience
- Good command of oral and written English
- A depth of relevant experience in energy, power or oil & gas industries
- Training/experience with installation and maintenance programs for Gas Turbines sets and all related, off base related auxiliary equipment.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Willing to continuously work on construction/maintenance sites and travel worldwide.
- This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restrictionHealth, Safety & Environment mindset and compliance.
- Power plant, oil and gas industry or field service experience strongly preferred.
- Good knowledge of MKV, MKVI & MKVIe Control Panel on Heavy Duty Gas Turbines and Compressors units.
- Good knowledge of Bently Nevada 3500, Alen Bradley PLC5 & panel view, Siemens STEP5 & Contrologix, GE Fanuc 9030 & Rx3i, Cimplicity, Historian.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online