Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The company’s oil & gas production activities constitute one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Controllers function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result oriented individuals to fill the position of:
1.) Subsurface Engineer
2.) Subsea Engineer
3.) Graduate Engineer
4.) Marine Engineer
5.) Environmental Engineer
6.) Construction Engineer
7.) Reservoir Engineer
8.) Design Engineer
9.) Drilling Engineer
Job Title: Drilling Engineer
- The successful candidate will support opportunity generation and maturation – work program planning and execution.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Ensuring the application of the best available economical technology in drilling and completions operations
- Preparing well cost estimates, equipment selection and application, program execution surveillance, improvement of daily progress and follow-up assessments
- Preparing, and revising when necessary, a complete drilling or completions program. Work closely with cross-functional team to assure the program is based on all available geological and drilling information from other wells in the area (if any)
- Monitoring drilling operations according to safety and quality control standards, environmental regulations, corporate policy, and contract terms
- Providing rig site technical support to Drilling & Subsurface Supervisors during procedure execution activities including but not limited to critical operations, well control situations or abnormal pressure detection
- Analyzing drilling performance at intermediate depths and upon completion of the well. Work with Operations personnel and third party service partners to implement changes in procedures and equipment based on results of analyses
- Devising cost-effective techniques to drill, complete, and rework company-operated wells
- Preparing final well reports with strong emphasis on lessons learned.
- The successful candidate will have a strong drilling and completion engineering background with the ability to assure application of the best available economical technology in planning andexecuting drilling, completions and workover operations.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to make effective individual contributions within a functional team.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second Class Upper Division (2.1) in any of the following engineering disciplines: Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Petroleum, Electrical/Electronics, and Subsea
- Evidence of 5 – 10 continuous years of drilling and cognate operations experience. Advanced technical skills in Drilling Engineering including directional drilling, borehole management, casing design, cementing, abnormal pressure detection, bit selection, drilling fluids
- Ability to work in, and develop all phases of drillwell operations; from well design and planning to execution
- In addition to the drilling experience, the position requires an individual who brings a wellrounded knowledge and exposure to completion and workover activities
- Excellent computer skills – familiarity with relevant drilling engineering software and applications
- Good understanding of basic safety practices in oil and gas offshore operations
- Ability to work within a team with good interpersonal skills and to thrive in a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural environment
- Support creativity and possess good coordination skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Uncompromising integrity
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
- Readiness to work in our various work locations.
This position offer competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
Application Closing Date
4th December, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To complete the application process:
- Log onto http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/
- Type in Nigeria in the “Search by location” field
- Click the “Search openings” button to be taken to the job listing results page for Nigeria
- Click on the Job title (Drilling Engineer) to view full details on the job you are applying for
- Click the “Apply now” drop down and select “Apply Now” option
- Sign in or click on “create an account”
- To create an account:
- Fill out the information; required fields are designated with an asterisk *(please note your password for future use)
- Click on the “Read and accept the data privacy statement” link
- Read the information in the pop-up box and click “Accept”
- Click “Next” to continue
- Candidate profile and application page will pop up:
- Fill out information required and also upload supporting files (e.g. resume)
- Click “Save” to complete your application profile at a different time or “Submit” to submit your application
- A message displays confirming the successful submission of your job application. In addition, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address
- Click “View Profile” if you would like to review the Application form you have just submitted under “Jobs Applied” section
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
- Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil ‘Jobs and Careers’ page on http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/ is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.