Development Alternatives, Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the front-lines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Expert (Education)
Indicative timeline for programme start: mid/late 2019
- Currently, DAI is preparing for a large Education and Governance programme in Nigeria to be funded by DFID. The programme is expected to run for 8 years and will work in multiple states in Nigeria, including but not exclusive to Kano, Jigawa, and Kaduna.
- The focus of the programme will be to improve state and non-state education systems, teaching and learning approaches, and effective use of evidence to improve education monitoring systems.
We are looking to speak to people who have expertise and wide experience within Nigeria and education in international development contexts in the following areas and roles (we are looking for both short consulting and long term/full time availability):
- Education and school focus:
- Education and Policy
- Basic education curriculum development (including literacy and numeracy and pedagogy, qualifications and assessments)
- Teacher training and learning
- Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) screening and education application State and non-state systems basic education delivery and regulation.
- Governance and programme management focus:
- GESI in education systems
- Education public financial management
- Human and institutional resource management – including recruitment and retention of teachers
- School governance and management
- Safeguarding policy and implementation
- Knowledge and Communications – in the education sector in Nigeria preferable
- Monitoring and Evaluation for effective communication in education
- Large and complex programme management.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Relevant candidates only will hear back from DAT.