Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director
- Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party/technical director for an anticipated multiyear, USAID-funded health project in Nigeria. The Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program Nigeria will focus on improving the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions to meet state and local government areas’ specific goals and objectives. This project will cover governance, access, and demand activities for HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis (TB) services.
- The specific objectives of the program include targeted and efficient HIV case identification through optimized index partner and self-testing, linkage to care and treatment; patient enrollment in HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and retention; successful suppression of HIV viral loads; specialized services that attract key and vulnerable populations to achieve epidemic control; and increased capacity of the Nigerian government to expand, oversee and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead and support the chief of party with clinical and technical direction to reduce HIV incidences and AIDS-related mortality by increasing access to and the use of treatment and prevention services for all populations and by strengthening Ministry of Health governance
- Supervise clinical teams, technical specialists, and staff while working closely with other project staff and Chemonics home-office staff
- Use surveillance data to inform programming for activities that permit it to achieve epidemic control for all genders, ages, and risk groups
- Scale evidence-informed combination prevention Integrate data from legacy systems into a central data system to include patient management, commodities, and laboratory data
- Ensure the technical soundness and appropriateness of all project assistance and clinical service delivery
- Incorporate Nigerian HIV/AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey estimates in the planning process to maximize the impact of programming
- Implement innovative strategies that demonstrably increase testing yields using index partner testing, reduce lost-to-follow-up through “recapture” campaigns using data to identify those who have fallen out of care, and other applicable approaches to address unmet needs and to close gaps in the treatment continuum
- Oversee and monitor site level performance, including clinical work planning, performance management, case finding, and care continuum linkage approaches
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and make appropriate program adjustments
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Epidemiology, or a related discipline
- Minimum of eight years of relevant development experience working as a senior-level manager in public health programs in a developing country
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in all components of HIV/AIDS programming and cross-cutting areas such as health systems strengthening
- Proven experience analyzing data and leading service scale-up
- Proven experience in using data to increase efficiency and streamline programs
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Fluency in English required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Application Closing Date
28th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online