KPMG Nigeria – Our client is part of a leading global brand, committed to providing innovative digital solutions.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Internal Auditor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- In line with our strategic intent to be at the forefront of technology excellence, the organization has embarked on a plan to provide affordable, reliable and easily accessible financial solutions aimed at increasing access to financial services particularly in unserved and underserved areas.
- We are desirous of filling a key role with best-in class talent for the position of a Chief Internal Auditor.
- The role holder will be responsible for evaluating and maintaining the effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls.
- Develop and execute the processes for assessing and improving internal controls, accounting and operating procedures and financial reporting.
- Develop and implement annual audit plan and ensure compliance to approved plans from all subsidiaries.
- Review internal audit and regulatory compliance reports and monitor the implementation of the recommendations.
- Approve and coordinate investigation into suspected fraudulent practices and determine/recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings.
- Continuously review/assess the business and operational risks facing the organization in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanism/frameworks.
- Supervise the design and building of control frameworks in business processes and systems.
- Interpret and analyze reports/data/information to identify possible risk exposure.
- Ensure compliance with good corporate governance practice.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the CEO on activities of the department.
- Serve on committees or cross-functional teams and perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Professional accounting/ finance certification from a reputable professional body, e.g. ACA, ACCA, ICAN is required.
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduation experience in Financial Services with at least, 10 years’ experience in the financial management/accounting function 5 of which must be in a senor position within the audit function.
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Maturity and tact, including the ability to relate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of financial and IT systems controls.
- High level of initiative and good attention to detail.
- Good decision making, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Good report writing and oral communication skills.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online