The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Engineer
Business: Oil & Gas
- The Chief Engineer of Company managed vessels are responsible for the following actions with respect to the requirements of the ISM Code, Company Objectives and Policy
- Chief engineer shall ensure that all the ship’s machinery and equipment are working in an efficient manner in order to support safe navigation of the ship.
- He should carry out all his duties while complying with the rules and regulations laid down by the flag state administration, IMO, and port state authorities.
- Frequent inspections of equipment dealing with ship and personal safety must be carried out by him at regular intervals of time.
- All items used for pollution prevention should be frequently checked and tried out for proper operating condition
- Chief engineer should lay down a set of standing orders for each crew member under his command.
- The standing orders should be given in accordance with the routine maintenance schedule as laid down by the Planned Maintenance System (PMS), which is prescribed by the manufactures
- He should see that details of every operation and activity should be properly maintained in log and record books, which state the compliance of the system.
- Life-saving and fire preventing equipment should be checked a regular basis for their operating condition. (Operating mechanism and linkages should be inspected and lubricated frequently).
- In order to minimize sources of fire, chief engineer must ensure that proper operation and maintenance of fuel and lubricating oil and purifying equipment is carried out to minimize leakage. In case there are leakages, they should be rectified at the earliest.
- He should also make sure that the amount of waste oil that is collected should be as less as possible. The collected oil should be burnt in an incinerator or given to shore-based collecting facilities.
- Chief engineer should ensure that the maintenance of incinerator is carried out as per the rules and regulations laid down by the management.
- It is imperative of him to check that from the effluent mixture, only clean water is pumped out of the ship only through an oily water separator.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Must be Duly certified by NIMASA in compliance with STCW 95 as amended, all certificates validity must be within 6 months, and minimum 3 years of experience on the position applied for and at minimum of 6 years seafarer recorded on the seaman’s book.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online