Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) is an international organization dedicated to promoting the protection of civilians caught in conflict. CIVIC’s mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond to civilian harm. Our vision is a world where parties to armed conflict recognize the dignity and rights of civilians, prevent civilian harm, protect civilians caught in conflict, and amend harm.
We are recruiting for the following positions:
- Lead Security Officer Northeast
- Program Associate – Consultant
- Training Officer Northeast
- Community Engagement Officer
- Team Leader – North East
Job Title: Team Leader – North East
CIVIC is seeking an experienced Team Leader for its operations in Northeast (NE), Nigeria. The Team Leader (TL) is responsible for leading and managing CIVIC’s NE-related programmes, working with a crop of experienced team members in the Borno office. This programming focuses on the protection of civilians through training and engagement with key government and community actors. The post-holder will also be responsible for managing and strengthening state-level, as well as security sector, strategic alliances and relationships. S/he will be responsible for ensuring CIVIC delivers on its commitments under its programs. In furtherance of that aim, she/he will ensure that all relevant CIVIC policies and procedures with respect to finance, HR, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies are adhered to. The post holder will play a strategic role in the mobilization and effective scale-up and management of CIVIC programs. The TL will report to the Country Director, Nigeria.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES: Leadership and Management
- Assume management and oversight for NE programming, including positioning CIVIC for scale-up opportunities in the NE, establishing strong partnerships and networks;
- Lead team by example and continue to grow and develop CIVIC’s high performing team;
- Represent CIVIC with communities, with state-level government and with relevant national level security actors present in Borno state. As advised by Country Director, with donors, partners, relevant national government bodies, and members of the INGO community, especially in Borno;
- Work with team to ensure that deliverables are completed and workplans are implemented;
- Monitor the implementation of the programs in the NE and ensure that they are carried out in the true spirit of the agreed objectives and results;
- With the support of both Abuja and Maiduguri office, exercise oversight and development of budgets, keeping relevant stakeholders informed and ensuring any corrective actions are taken as needed;
- As needed, support and co-facilitate relevant community workshops, security sectors training sessions and civil-military dialogues;
- Coordinate management of all aspects of operational implementation, including office set-up, security, human resource planning and policies, workforce development and general procurement;
- Conduct oversight of grants ensuring strict compliance with CIVIC national and global policies and procedures and with relevant donor regulations and agreements;
- In coordination with program staff ensure the preparation of timely program and donor reports on project activities on the NE in compliance with internal CIVIC requirements and any relevant donor requirements.
- Conducts routine visits to all areas of operation in the NE to track progress and provide leadership
- Mentor more junior staff members and ensure appropriate professional development;
- In collaboration with the Country Director, Lead Security Officer and Country Operations Manager, ensure optimal safety and security management procedures and practices are in place and continually monitor the safety and security situation. When needed, work with the team to adjust staff safety and security procedures in collaboration and cooperation with any relevant security staff.
- Oversee the implementation of CIVIC’s policies and procedures with respect to sexual exploitation and abuse, child protection and safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
Qualifications & Requirements
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding, fast paced and often insecure environment.
- Extensive experience (over 7 years) of working within a senior management role within a complex country program.
- Previous experience managing high-performing program teams.
- Prior experience managing programs in conflict environments, including some experience working on programs focused on civilian protection, conflict prevention or conflict mitigation.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations on sensitive conflict issues
- Demonstrated project cycle management skills, inclusive of work plan/timeline/deliverables/, budget tracking and course corrections, and M&E
- Demonstrated experience with high-level budget and financial management experience
- Senior management experience of Project or Programme Manager
- Experience managing multi-donor projects, especially DFID and EU as well as managing and working with local partners
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Strong report writing skills and experience
- Research and conflict analysis experience preferred
- Capacity building experience, developing training materials and facilitating training sessions preferred
- Excellent English language skills, spoken Hausa will be an added advantage
- Experience of representation with key stakeholders, and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Experience with relevant Humanitarian and Human Rights principles
- Education: Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree level (or equivalent field experience)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE