CARE is seeking a Food/Livelihood Security and Nutrition Sector Manager (FLS&N) who will provide technical leadership to CARE’s interventions in food and livelihood and nutrition sectors in Nigeria. The FLS&N Sector Manager will support and promote food security and livelihoods response through establishment of sector strategies, technical guidelines, and response mechanisms in collaboration with the other Sectors’ Managers to guide CARE Nigeria programming.
The Sector Manager is expected to facilitate development of quality, gender-sensitive, accountable, and impact-focus interventions on livelihoods, food security, and Nutrition in Nigeria. This includes provision of technical advice, capacity building of staff and partners, as well as influencing policy and practice through research, analysis and advocacy and building resilience by linking to longer term programming.
The position will be based in Maiduguri and report directly to the Program Director. The position will be for an initial six month with potential extension for long-term as CARE secures more donors’ funding.
|Job Position: FOOD/LIVELIHOOD SECURITY & NUTRITION SECTOR MGR. SHORT-TERM CONTRACT|
|Job Location: Nigeria- Maiduguri (Borno)|
- Information Gathering, Assessments, Analysis and Technical Guidance
- Strategy and Program Development
- Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and reporting
- Coordination, Representation, Advocacy and Learning
- Advanced university degree or equivalent in Agriculture or another relevant field
- 3-5 years of international experience in food security, agriculture, and livelihoods, including experience in emergency response and recovery following natural/manmade disasters
- Experience in assessment, program design & evaluation and technical training and support
- Demonstrated technical expertise in leading food and livelihood security and nutrition sectors
- Experience working with major international donors, particularly USAID, ECHO, and DFID
- Experience working in partnership with local organizations
- Excellent written, oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Proficient analytical skills that demonstrate an understanding of the current concepts, priorities, and issues in program monitoring, data collection and evaluation
- Fluency in English (local language skills an asset)
- Skills in technical proposal writing, designing and implementing food security programs
- Ability to communicate ideas in a culturally-sensitive manner and conducive to their practical application
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should follow this link to APPLY ONLINE