Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Revenue Assurance
Location: Yaba, Lagos
- As an Associate for Bridge, you join a fast-scaling global sstartupand will shape the organization by working closely with other departments such as People, Finance, Schools, and Technology to operationalize initiatives aimed at strengthening our Academy Operations.
- The challenge is not only to operate at scale, but to ensure effective delivery of a complex education service in some of the world’s most difficult operating environments.
About the Role
- With academies spread across Nigeria, Bridge must ensure revenue from all sources – monthly or termly fees, uniforms, etc. – is accounted for in a transparent, efficient, and fraud-proof manner.
- Moreover, we must excel in clearly communicating fees to our parents and in making sure all of our customers are fully aware of how, where, and when to pay.
What You Will Do
- Data analysis to detect and prevent fraud from happening.
- Investigations whenever cases of fraud are suspected or detected.
- Fieldwork to verify the existence, extent and severity of fraud cases.
- Assist with establishing policies, guidelines, processes and controls to help detect and prevent fraud in relation to uniforms and bills;
- Support and troubleshooting with Academy Managers in day to day billing related activities.
- Performing surveys, analysing data and compiling reports to assess effectiveness of our services
- Traveling to academies across Nigeria to meet with staff, parents and community members with the goal of increasingsupport for Bridge.
- Assist with implementing product changes/ programme improvements from the office and in the field.
- Problem solving with Technology team members when technology interruptions occur and with Academy Management team members when policies are not adhered to at the academy level.
- Active involvement in policy noncompliance and fraud-related investigations.
- Creating and maintaining organized databases of programs in relation to revenue collection.
- Other duties as assigned for the overall functioning of academy operations in Nigeria.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top academic institution with top marks
- Superb Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- At least two years’ experience working in audit/fraud detection or control related roles
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordablywith the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online