Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Job Title: Human Resources Operations Associate and Recruitment Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Responsibilities of Jumia Human Resources Operations Associate
This role will deliver the day-to-day support of Human Resources policies, programs and processes by providing quality real-time solutions to employee inquiries and requests.
In particular you will:
- Apply working knowledge and understanding of internal HR policies spanning employment, employee relations, benefits, compensation, payroll, training and HRIS to assist employees.
- Manage the employee experience through processes and programs that span across the employee lifecycle (onboarding, transfers, performance cycles, engagement surveys and offboarding).
- Maintain the HRIS database and employee files; develop forms and processes for all employee-related actions
- Assist with all HR related processes and forms for onboarding and offboarding employees.
- Develop, schedule and facilitate new employee orientations.
- Assist in the administration of all company benefits and communication, including but not limited to health, medical, dental, life insurance; leaves and workers’ compensation
- Work with HR and business management in implementing recognition programs that promote corporate values and enhance employee retention
- Assist with Performance Management programs.
- Collaborate with Benefits and Compensation to implement the merit increase process and support the focus on employee performance
- Manage and coordinate succession planning process across multiple sites, including developing and reporting metrics and presentations related to current succession planning status, areas for improvements, and improvement plans.
- Perform data analysis, compilation and/or preparation of confidential reports and statistics for various purposes i.e. headcount, retention, turnover, etc.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and progressive responsibility in HR to include at least 5 years’ experience leading an HR operations or HR shared service function
- Experience with HR programs such on-boarding, employee relations, recruiting, engagement initiatives, policy interpretation/administration.
- Ability to manage HR project roll-outs and on-going people processes within client group.
- Advanced Excel to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, analytical capabilities and work books, and experience with HR systems.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.