About the Role
- The Statistics Officer will develop or apply mathematical or statistical theory, computational techniques, algorithms, and use computer technology to provide usable information to evaluate and synthesize data on our business operations
- The Statistics Officer’s role is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
- Develop mathematical or statistical models to analyze data;
- Use data analysis to support and improve business decisions;
- Ensure the quality of collected data for accuracy, consistency and comparability;
- Use statistical theories and techniques, such as mathematical modeling and computational methods to formulate and improve business decisions;
- Work with internal and external clients, communicate professionally and courteously on topics of a technical nature;
- Collect and analyze data to evaluate monthly and annual goals, quotas and forecasts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To commensurate with the position the Statistics Officer must possess:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in numeracy discipline from a recognized University/Polytechnic in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Economics or any other related field;
- A minimum of 3-5 years work experience;
- Experience performing extensive research utilizing multiple data sources preferred;
- Proficient in all appropriate tools and methods mainly in applying statistical methods, including computer programming, spreadsheet analysis, multivariate analysis, survey analysis, and statistics;
- Able to work as part of a team or independently with minimal direction;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task and detail oriented;
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a variety of situations.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job.
The qualifications listed are the minimum acceptable to be considered for the position.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the “Human Resources Manager” via: email@example.com