Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
Pumps are our business. Every day, our energy efficient pumps provide comfort, deliver drinking water, remove wastewater, or help farmers water their crops all over the world. Just to mention some of our expertise.
What do we offer?
With over 16 million pumps produced each year and over 19,000 employees in more than 55 countries, Grundfos is today one of the world’s leading manufacturer of pumps and pumping systems. Grundfos’ products satisfy the markets’ needs for effective, reliable and highly efficient solutions.
Grundfos in Nigeria is currently in need of a skilled and motivated Service Engineer to support the existing Service team in providing high level of after sales service and customer service in the country for all Grundfos customers. This individual will be stationed in our Lagos office.
Grundfos can offer the right candidate excellent opportunities and challenges for personal and career development and the chance to be part of a multicultural and dynamic team. Grundfos further offers the chance to take on responsibility equivalent to skills and obtained results, making this an opportunity not to be missed.
What is the job about?
Primary job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
As a Service Engineer you will perform hands-on maintenance, troubleshooting, assessment, repair and start-ups on pumps and controls travelling to and from customer sites & workshops.
- Disassemble, inspect, trouble shoot, repair and replace part and re-assemble pumps, pump systems and accessories in a field service and/or shop environment.
- Identify the root cause of mechanical, electrical and systematic failures.
- Provide advice to customers at pump and system/application level.
- Carry out risk assessment before each job.
- Maintain and operate machinery for tools (drill press, lathe and mills).
- Conduct pump hydraulic tests, energy checks.
- Pass on customer leads to sales.
- Prepare quotes for out-of-warranty repairs.
- Assist leaders by identifying and providing solutions to service and warranty concerns.
- Write service / FAS reports.
What do you need to apply?
To be considered for this position you should fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be a holder of a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Must have minimum 3 years working experience in a similar role.
- Strong competence and experience in servicing pumps, hydraulics, motor controls or rotating equipment (engine, fans, conveyers).
- Must be able to perform advanced pump service / maintenance activities, with the ability to accurately take measurements, complete documentation, and reference proper standards / documentation to ensure quality craftsmanship.
- Individuals with experience in servicing similar / other high value, technically complex electro-mechanical products will also be considered.
- Understanding of pressure, temperature and other operating conditions and ability to service pumps in a production environment.
- Read and interpret service instructions and IOMs for assembly, repair, reassembly and operation as required including completion of reports in either paper or electronic form.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Able to work independently.
- Must have good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with customers and fellow employees, with proactive, friendly and problem-solving approach.
- Capable to work in environments ranging from a workshop to on-site at construction/building/industrial facilities.
- Handle a variety of tools and processes; able to frequently lift objects weighing up to 20 kg.
- Analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose systemic problems.
To learn more about Grundfos, please visit our website at www.grundfos.com
How to Apply
Visit the recruitment portal to apply