G4S is the leading global, integrated security company, specialising in the provision of security services and solutions to customers. Our mission is to create material, sustainable value for our customers and shareholders by being the supply partner of choice in all our markets.
Reporting to the Managing Director or General Manager, the Finance Director / Manager coordinates the provision of effective financial support services within the business, in compliance with legislation and Company policies and procedures.
Ensure business compliance with Company Financial policies in respect of budget processes.
- Preparation and timeous submission of the region’s annual budget for Head Office approval, conforming to defined budget guidelines and principles.
- Maintenance of expenditure within approved levels by ensuring compliance with budgetary control procedures.
Ensure business compliance with Company accounting and administrative practices, in conformance with legislation and generally accepted accounting practice.
- Timely and accurate processing of decentralized accounting transactions on the G4S ERP system, maintaining accurate and detailed records with supporting source documentation.
- Management of the regional Accounts Receivable function, implementing effective credit control measures to ensure that cash flow is maximized.
- Oversight of Easy roster export to payroll, ensuring scheduled and actual hours worked does not exceed contractual manpower requirements. Preparation and timely submission of accurate forecasts of monthly results, facilitating implementation of proactive measures to obviate unacceptable outcomes.
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information to the Managing Director
- Effective coordination of litigation, insurance and other claims.
- Development of the business’ Financial department personnel
- Effective management of subordinate personnel in terms of:
- Performance Assessment
- Skills Development
- Career path planning
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant B degree in Financial Management or Accounting (postgraduate degree highly advantageous)
- Qualified CA
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial management of a business unit
- Company law
- Security industry legislation
- G4S Finance Policy and procedures
- Knowledge of Nigerian tax law
- Leading People
- Managing Professionally
- Managing Conflict
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Computer literacy
- Accounting and auditing skills
- Customer Thinking
- Collaborating and Co-operating
- Relationship Building
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE TO APPLY