The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes;
We are recruiting to fill the position:
Logistics & Administrative Officer at ALIMA
Place of work
FMC – OWO
Main Function (s)
The Admin Supervisor is responsible for the management of the administrative files of the national staff and the administrative and accounting management of the project where he works.
MISSION AND PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES
ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT OF PERSONNEL
- Assigns work, provides direction to staff and ensures that assigned tasks are completed.
- Ensures effective and appropriate staff coverage.
- Monitors the performance of staff. Provides feedback on their performance and conducts performance evaluation.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff by performing duties such as advertising vacancies locally, screening resumes, Assists interviewing applicants and providing input on selection.
- Evaluates, develops and recommends office procedures and practices to senior management. Ensures that approved office policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed.
- Performs a variety of secretarial duties such as drafting and typing routine correspondence, arranging meetings and taking minutes.
- Maintains a variety of financial records such as petty cash fund, purchase orders and cheque requisitions. Provides input into budget formulation.
- Maintains staff and program information using spreadsheet and/or database software.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Organise and manage vehicles movements,
- Performance manage Drivers and their working hours,
- Responsible of vehicles maintenance, Monitors fuel consumption,
- In charge of supplies and stock and equipments management,
- Regularly collects market prices and monitor prices evolving, Provides office needs (stationary, furnitures and equipments,
- Monitor suppliers, service providers lists and their files,
- Organises pharmacy and the laboratory requests in collaboration with Nigeria Desk,
- Ensure daily monitoring of materials, equipments and stationary,
- Ensure the good maintenance of materials and equipments,
- Submits to his/her supervisor Admin and Logistics report.
- Captures the variable elements of the payroll in Homere/Excel Sheet
- Validates the requests of instalments and records them on Homere/Excel Sheet,
- Collects the attendance sheets and notes the various absences, collects overtime cards and checks their validity, and enters these in the Homere payroll software
- He/she establishes the monthly pay slips
- Publishes the ballots and verifies that each ballot is correctly established,
- He has checked and targeted salary listings by the logistician-administration or field administration manager,
- It prints the bulletins and closes the pay of the month.
- At the end of the contract, he establishes the balances of all accounts
- It verifies the rights to paid holidays, enters the variable elements of the salary into the payroll software,
- He/she prints payslips and gives to staffs and files acknowledged copy
- He causes these elements to be targeted and transmitted to the employee.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND ACCOUNTING MANAGEMENT
- He/she is in charge of accounting management under the supervision of the LASCOPE CO in strict compliance with ALIMA internal procedures
- He/She reports the inconsistencies to the LASCOPE CO
- He/she is responsible for the sums entrusted to him in his/her safe and manages them with discretion
- Maintains follow-up workbooks (for operational advances, payroll, suppliers’ advances) and ensures that advances are delivered on time, justified by invoices and do not accumulate,
- Ensures at least weekly that his physical inventory corresponds to the balance of his/her workbook in the presence of his/her supervisor,
- Checks the balance of bank statements,
- Signs any difference in cash on his/her notebook and his/her manager as soon as he/she finds it.
- Plans cash demands based on daily needs during the month (payday advances, month-end pay, daily needs – operational advances and direct payment
- Provides monthly cash flow with his/her supervisor and communicates it to the financial coordinator,
- Signals with his/her supervisor any operational changes that may require additional funds.
- He/she shall pay the suppliers on time (direct payment / operational advances),
- Receives invoices and receipts, ensures that they are consistent and conform, that they are validated by his/her supervisor and in accordance with the purchasing procedure in force,
- Informs his/her supervisor of any difference in price and quantity detected in order to resolve or validate it,
- Pay by the most appropriate means (cash, checks, transfers) and ensure that they are received by the recipient (stamp, signature …).
- Prepare monthly returns and submit to his/her supervisor for approval before sending to the Finance Coordinator.
- Digree/Diploma in Business Administration or Finance, Accounting or any other degree/diploma related to the position requirements
- At least 3 years experience in the same position
- Interpersonal skills
- Experience in working in harsh environment
- Experience in working under pressure
- Respect of deadlines
- Remains discreet about the professional and personal life of team members
- High level of Integrity
Submit your CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to ALIMA’ Office.
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favourism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.