The Felix Scholarship scheme is available to high achieving students from India and other developing countries pursuing postgraduate studies at the University of Reading.
The scholarships cover tuition fees at the international rate and provide a stipend (maintenance grant) to cover living expenses (around £14,570). They also provide generous allowances for clothes, books and a return flight home. Please be aware that you will be asked to demonstrate financial need and spouses’ costs will not be met.
Host Country: United Kingdom
Study Abroad: Study in Europe
Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
Eligible Countries: Indian and Other Developing Countries
Reward: Full Scholarship with stipends
Deadline: January 30, 2021
To be eligible for all the Felix Scholarships offered:
1. You must be applying to start a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Reading, starting in September 2021.
2. You must be able to demonstrate academic excellence and financial need and are expected by the Trust to return to work in your home country after completing your studies.
Please note, candidates who already hold a master’s degree cannot apply for a master’s degree scholarship.
For the scholarship for Indian citizens, the following eligibility criteria apply:
1. You must be an Indian national and not currently be living or studying outside of India.
2. You must have not previously studied for one year or more outside India.
3. You must have at least a first-class bachelor’s degree from an Indian university or comparable institution. Those with an upper second-class degree at a bachelor’s level may be considered if they hold a first-class degree at master’s level.
4. You must not hold a degree from a university outside of India.
Please note : This scholarship is available to students pursuing either a PhD or master’s.
For the scholarship for students from developing countries, the following eligibility criteria apply:
1. You must have at least a first-class bachelor’s degree from a university or comparable institution. Those with an upper second-class degree at a bachelor’s level may be considered if they hold a first-class degree at master’s level.
2. You must not hold a degree from a university outside of your home country.
Please note that this scholarship is for master’s level only.
Only those candidates who have been accepted for admission will be considered for short listing. Short listing by all three universities will take place in March and April 2021.
1. Short listed candidates will be invited for interview in India between April and May 2021 either in person or via Skype/Zoom. Candidates cannot be considered for an award without an interview.
2. Candidates who are interviewed and subsequently offered a Felix Scholarship for entry in September/October 2021 are not permitted to defer the award. Any scholars unable to commence at the academic institution concerned for the session 2021-22 will lose his/her scholarship.
3. Felix Scholarship scholars are expected to complete their course of study within the time frame set by the individual universities. It is anticipated that scholars should be able to accumulate, by proper financial management, enough savings from the maintenance allowances paid to personally fund any extension required in order to complete their course.
4. It is anticipated that scholars who undertake extended fieldwork trips during their course of study should be able to accumulate, by proper financial management, enough savings from the maintenance allowances paid during fieldwork trips to personally fund all expenses incurred in order to facilitate their fieldwork.
5. It is a condition of the Felix Scholarship that candidates, when accepting a scholarship, undertake to return to their country of origin on completion of their course of study so as to make a contribution to that country. Each candidate will be expected to sign a letter of undertaking to this effect.
Method of Application
The 2021-22 application form is now available to download. Please read the application notes before completing this form.
Applications should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by using the following subject line: Felix Application – Reading ID 1233456 (your Reading application number).
To apply : Visit https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/fees-and-funding/fees-and-funding-pg/felix-scholarships.aspx