World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. The vacancy for eligible people to fill the positions for the 2019 end of year recruitment is now here. WHO is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Currently, the following positions are available;
1.) National Consultant-Key Population Programme Management Technical Support
2.) Technical Advisor (United Nations Road Safety Trust Fund)
3.) Consultant – Baseline Assessment
Locations: Kano and Ogun
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2019.
- The United Nations Road Safety Trust Fund (UNRSTF) was established in 2018 as a UN Multi-Partner Trust Fund. The fund uses the Global Framework Plan of Action for Road Safety to serve as a benchmark for development of sound national road safety systems. It will also be used by the UNRSTF to prioritize and coordinate its financial support to countries and promote coordination of financial support with other funds or programs. The comprehensive and efficient national road safety system building on the international regulatory framework, good practice and experience consists of 5 pillars: Road safety management (the bridging pillar): target setting, vertical and horizontal management, monitoring, coordination by lead agency, Safe user, Safe vehicle, Safe road, Effective post-crash response.
- Evidence shows that countries which have created national safety system and contextualized the UN conventions on road safety are the best. The fund will be in particular for Low- and middle-income countries especially those with the greatest road safety challenges. The countries however should put in place basic administrative, civil and criminal legal and institutional frameworks.
- The TA will support the development of a proposal for the country in accordance to the UNRSTF guidelines
Requirement for WHO Recruitment 2019
- A first degree in a relevant field:
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant field is an asset
- Two years of progressive experience in the area of Road Safety;
- Knowledge of and experience in the development of proposals for road safety;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with government, external partners and donors;
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills;
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various Office applications; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English
How to Apply for WHO Recruitment 2019
The following opportunities explained above are available to all eligible Nigerians. Here, I will tell you how to apply. Please be aware that the application is submitted online.
To apply, visit: APPLY NOW