Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment 2018/2019-www.customs.gov.ng. This page will educate you on all you should know about Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) 2018 Recruitment. Try as much as possible to read it till the end.
The Nigeria Customs Service formed in 1891, was charge with the responsibilities of revenue generation, accountability and anti smuggling functions. The customs have the mission to provide services in ways that maximize efficiency and promote trade competitiveness wherein declarations are promptly processed.
- 1 ALSO READ: FRSC DASHBOARD LOGIN & VERIFICATION EMAIL 2018
- 2 TRENDING: NPS SHORTLISTED NAMES AND APPLICATION CLOSURE
- 3 Function of the Customs Service.
- 4 How to Apply for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment.
- 5 NIGERIAN CUSTOMS SCREENING EXAM PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- 6 NCS Recruitment Position
- 7 Entry Qualifications:
Now, I must get the issue of a current circular/ memorandum which is being circulated on social media and its likes on a job opening signed by the comptroller-General of the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS). Please note that this is a fake information and I pray you don’t fall prey of this. The Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) is yet to announce the job opening for 2018/2019 recruitment and any updates on this regards will be updated on their official website and we in turn will update you our esteemed readers.
The image below has been shared around the social media pages, do not fall prey.
N/B: All information contained here are assumed to be a help guide so as to help you prepare ahead of time. They are a collation of past years recruitment.
Applications will be invited from suitably qualified persons for full time appointments to the following positions in the Nigeria Customs Service.
Note! The minimum qualifications for interested applicants are SSCE/NECO/GCE/NCE/ND /HND/BSC/ Applicants applying as man (SUPERINTENDENT CADRE) and women (SUPERINTENDENT CADRE) must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
SSCE/NECO/GCE/ND/HND/BSC. or any relevant certificates from reputable and approved government institutions/organisations.
N/B: Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) Recruitment portal 2018 is not yet active for application. DISREGARD any form of update you come across. We promise to update this page immediately the recruitment is on.
N/B: Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres tall.
APPLICATION STARTS: Online Registration for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2018/2019 will start soon.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: All applications for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2018/2019 closing date is not yet announced.
Function of the Customs Service.
The Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) are charged with the following functions and even more:
- Anti-Smuggling activities;
- Generating statistics for planning and Budgetary purposes;
- Monitoring Foreign Exchange utilisation etc;
- Engaging in Research, Planning and Enforcement of Fiscal Policies of Government;
- Security functions;
- Collection of Revenue (Import /Excise Duties & other Taxes /Levies) and accounting for same;
- Manifest processing;
- Registration and designation of collecting banks;
- Working in collaboration with other government agencies in all approved ports and border station
- Licensing and registration of Customs Agents
How to Apply for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment.
Interested candidates are to always visit here or the Nigeria custom service recruitment website at: www.customs.gov.ng to know when the form comes out eventually.
Applicants are to complete application form free of charge and print out the following documents;
- Local government attestation form.
- Parent/ guardian consent form.
- Acknowledgment form.
The Nigeria Customs Service statutory functions can be broadly classified into two main categories namely, core and other functions:
(i) Collection of Revenue i.e. Import and Excise Duties and Accounting for same.
(ii) Prevention and suppression of smuggling.
Today trade facilitation has become a fundamental role, progressively seen by government as an important element of economic policy, with Customs having a unique position within the hub of the international supply chain of goods and services.
NCS Recruitment Position
CATEGORY ‘A’ – GENERAL DUTY
1.) SUPERINTENDENT CADRE: Nigeria Customs Service
Post: Assistant Superintendent of Customs Grade II – Consol 08
Candidates must possess a Bachelors Degree with at least Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University.
2.) INSPECTOR CADRE
Post: Inspector of Customs – Consol 07
Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least lower credit from a recognized Polytechnic.
(ii) Assistant Inspector of Customs – Consol 06
National Diploma (ND) with at least lower credit from a recognized Polytechnic
National Certificate of Education (NCE),
3.) ASSISTANT CADRE Post:
(i) Customs Assistant II – Consol 04
Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASC/NECO) with Credits in not less than five subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at a maximum of two sittings.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with credit in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at a maximum of two sittings,
(ii) Customs Assistant III – Consol 03
(1) Suitably qualified candidates must SSCE/NECO certificates with credits in not less than four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
(2) Applicants must also have General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level and Credit in four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
(3) Applicants must be physically and mentally fit. And must not have a criminal record.
(4) Applicants with any form disabilities should not apply
Do you need any help regarding the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2018/2019, kindly provide us your name and email address on our Contact page. Gistmate team promises to respond to all comments pertaining this information or other recruitment.
We would love to hear your feedback, try and subscribe to our website and also share this update with your friends using our social media share options below. We promise to always keep you up-to-date on all latest happenings.
Gist Mate Team